WELCOME TO THE
CANDO COMMUNITY LIBRARY----Like us on Facebook!
NOW LOCATED AT CITY HALL-502 MAIN STREET!
PO Box 798
Cando, ND 58324
Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesdays & Saturdays 11:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
We have 4 computer stations with free Internet access for the public. Use of the station can be reserved up to a week in advance. All users are restricted to ONE HALF HOUR (unless no one is waiting or signed up).
Requests to borrow materials from other libraries throughout the country can be made by an adult patron who has a library card. A small $3 fee is required when the item is picked up by the patron to cover the return postage costs.
The Cando Community Library is free to all city residents. Out of town users will be charged as follows:
Annual Family Library Card: $25
Annual Individual Library Card: $15
Check Out Limits:
* Books my be checked out for 2 weeks.
* Library patrons may have five books checked out on their card at any one time. "New Book" limit is 1 for adults and 2-3 for children.
* Most materials may be renewed once for two (2) additional weeks.
* Patrons may renew materials over the phone. (It helps to have the item(s) in hand when you call.)
* If an item is on a waiting list for another patron, it can not be renewed.
A one week grace period will be allowed before fines will be charged. After that a fine of $.50 per week will be assessed per item. Damaged books will be reimbursed by patrons at replacement cost. Patrons will not be allowed to check out books if overdue fines are owed.
We welcome you as a new patron of the library. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your adventure at the library.
"Our library strives to provide our patrons with timely access to information and ideas. We also promote the enjoyment and necessity of reading, the discovery of knowledge and culture, and the advantages and pleasures of learning"